Visitor health insurance is ideal for non-US citizens spending time with their families and tourists in the US. The financial strain of treatment of an unexpected sickness or accident is borne by the plan. Policies that cover visitor insurance in USA offer coverage for treatment of new injuries and illnesses.
Benefits of Visitors Insurance in USA:
- In-patient: Hospital costs including charges & fees for surgery, doctor visits, room & board.
- Out-patient: Treatment expenses outside the hospital like doctor office visits
- Prescription Drugs: Drugs and medical supplies prescribed by doctors
- Diagnostic Tess: Expenses for CAT scans, X-Rays, blood tests, MRIs etc.
Pre-existing conditions are typically excluded from coverage by most plans (chronic illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease etc). There are a few plans such as Atlas America & Liaison Continent that offer some coverage in case of an acute onset of pre-existing condition.
Fixed benefit plans
- Relatively less expensive
- Each benefit has many sub-limits
- Plans such as Visitors Care, Inbound USA
- Very few coverage sub-limits
- Excellent coverage
- Plans such as Patriot America, Atlas America